Repairing a blown head gasket may be easier than you think! When faced with either paying a huge repair bill or the ridiculous task of tearing down your motor and replacing the actual head gaskets it can seem like a much better idea to just scrap the car rather than deal with the headache of the repair.
The good news is, there is now a better option to repair your blown head gasket! If a hard part repair doesn’t make sense on your vehicle either due to its age, the cost or other factors, you can try repairing the head gasket yourself very quickly with simple hand tools!
Repairing a Blown Head Gasket
- Remove thermostat and flush the cooling system
- Fill the system with water
- Add BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer slowly to the radiator as the vehicle idles
- Install the radiator cap and allow the engine to idle for at least 50 minutes
- Completely drain the cooling system, install a new thermostat and fill the system with the correct amount of coolant
The trickiest part of this procedure is removing and reinstalling your thermostat. The first step is to find where the thermostat is located in your vehicle. The thermostat is almost always at the end of your upper or lower radiator hose inside a housing. To remove the thermostat simply unbolt the housing, removing the thermostat then reattach the housing.
Removing the thermostat will increase the flow of coolant through your system allowing BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer to travel through your engine block seeking out the leak in your head gasket and sealing the leak and keeping your vehicle on the road!
For more information on how to use BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer, check out the full directions.
You can find BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer, you can find it at one of your local auto parts stores like:
- Advance Auto Parts
- Bennett Auto Supply
- CarQuest Auto Parts
- NAPA Auto Parts
- O’Reilly Auto Parts
- Pep Boys
- Fast Track
- Bumper to Bumper Auto Parts Specialists
- S&E Quick Lube Distributor
- DYK Automotive
- Fisher Auto Parts stores
- Auto Plus Auto Parts stores
- Hovis Auto & Truck Supply stores
- Salvo Auto Parts
- Advantage Auto Stores
- Genuine Auto Parts stores
- Bond Auto Parts stores
- Tidewater Fleet Supply
- Bumper to Bumper Auto Parts
- Any Part Auto Parts
- Consumer Auto Parts
Pictures Provided By:
blown_head_gasket_repair.jpg – By Atomstudios – Licensed by Getty Images – Original Link